It is the school’s policy that all children should wear school uniform both at school and when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. School uniform promotes a sense of pride in the school and creates a sense of community. It also helps to identify children quickly on school visits.
Children are expected to wear
- A navy sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece with the academy logo.
- A white polo shirt.
- Black or grey trousers, pinafore or skirt.
- Sensible footwear.
- All items can be bought cheaply in local supermarkets or they can be purchased with the academy logo on from Uniform Direct, Grimsby.
We believe that it is important for children to have well fitting sensible shoes for school, which can cope with the rough and tumble of the playground. Shoes that are not properly attached to the foot such as flip flops, or that have platform soles or high heels, are not allowed in school, as they are a health and safety risk.
Children will not be allowed to do PE if they do not have suitable footwear or PE kit on health and safety grounds,
- Children need black shorts or tracksuit bottoms in cold weather.
- A white T Shirt
- Black pumps or trainers
- Year 4 children will need swimming gear and a towel in the summer.
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are earring studs in pierced ears, and a watch. We ask the children to remove these objects during PE and games. Whilst we will do all that we can to help keep property safe, teachers cannot be held responsible if children’s personal belongings are lost.
We would ask that parents think carefully about letting their child have an ‘extreme’ haircut, as these can bring about excessive attention from other children, and can lead to name calling and bullying.